Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Net Share

It has been one of my habits that I will just right-click a folder and share it in the event that one of my colleagues need the documents inside that folder. Over the years (or months, to be more precise), I would end up sharing a number of folders from my PC.

It happened that I wanted to unshare those folders this morning for no apparent reason, I manually searched and unshared them in my windows XP PC. Guess What? The list of sharing folders kept getting fewer and fewer as I removed them from sharing one by one. But I end up with three folders still displaying in my list of share folders in the network but I could not remember the location of those folders so that I could de-share(not sure there exists such a word though) them. I made a search in my PC for a few minutes but no success. Fortunately one of my colleagues came to my rescue. :D

His way is easy.

Just click on Start Menu, and launch Run dialog.
Type cmd and OK.
In the command prompt windows, type net share
There it goes. you will see a list of the folders that you shared from your PC.

We may quickly go to root folder and unshare them now. :)

No comments: