Friday, April 4, 2008

Smile Detecting Camera

I heard about this new SONY camera at a lunch table from a colleague. He said that certain cameras nowadays can detect smiling faces, and instantly capture the image upon the detection. It made me realize how much I am lagged behind the technology of modern digital cameras. Of course I quickly checked out about this since I am excited by the notion that the cameras nowadays are becoming more and more intelligent.

He was right! This new(well, just for me) sony cyber-shot DSC- T200 automatically allows you to capture your happy moments. All you have to do is simply choose smile shutter from scene selection, then press on the subject to be taken. The camera automatically detects the smiling face and closes the shutter. To detect the different degrees of smiles by your subject, you can set sensitivity level to "HIGH" ( to detect faint smile), "MEDIUM" (for a normal smile), or "LOW" (for a hearty laugh). If there are more than one subjects in the frame, you can press on the touch screen to select the main one.

Though this is an innovative approach , I guess users might face some inconveniences with the gadget since this technology is relatively new. I think this is true with all new techy things. Like it or not, you have to try it out yourself.

No comments: