Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Why I think Learning Business Law is fun

Well..our classes(ACCA Paper F4) are normally quite a crowed ones in terms of student count and most of us are going there after knocking off a hard day of work. In these circumstances, it's understandable that some people find it boring attending the law class which covers numerous topics starting from contract law to accountant's liability issues. But strangely enough, it is quite on the contrary for myself.

I just love knowing more about law since I value the existence of the rule of law. Maybe I just love to know how the rule of LAW is being treated in the country in which I reside. I am the type of person who ,in my own humble opinion, judge the reliability and trustworthiness of a particular government on the way how the government treats the country's law.

I would like to ensure myself that my government is not taking away the property I own in an unjust manner. I would like to be convinced that my government will not take over the business that I invested in in an unlawful manner for no apparent reason. I would like to be sure that the rights of our citizens are protected by the Law, just like the obligations of any wrongful act by the citizens are punished or compensated. These are basically the desire of any human being which rooted from the deepest depth of our sense of security.

I believe that the knowledge of a country's LAW will enable me to know more about how the rule of LAW is passed by our government which in turn will enable me to know more about the rights and obligations of citizens like us which govern our daily activities. Thus I find it interesting to study some of the country's law while I am actually studying the accounting principles.

Let me share another aspect of why I think learning this module is fun. Our lecturer usually conducts the classes in the most entertaining manner that he can be. He shares us some interesting stories as and when conveying the legislation matters. Some of the stories are quite funny , yet they are true stories. I will share those funny stories in my next posts.

To Be Continued.

No comments: