Sunday, December 30, 2007

Learning Mandarin

I have been learning how to speak Mandarin in the past few months and I would like to share my experience regarding this. At first I planned to join some Mandarin Speaking Classes conducting at my neighbourhood community centre. By the way I am blogging from Singapore. But I was told by a friend that he faced some problems trying to understand the tearcher's English. Thus I decided to learn it on my own using CD-ROM course for Mandarin and I bought some CDs from Kinokuniya BookStore which I think will be suitable for me. The first few brands did not really work on someone like me who do not have prior knowledge about the language. We (the cds and me) just did not click each other.

But the current one I am using has been of great help to my Mandarin Learning Curve. The program started from basic and simple lessons to advanced ones in a very organized and detailed manner. The way it introduces the language to the user and the way it explans things are quite understandable. I think this is especially suitable for us who did not know abc about Mandarin. If you are interested in it, you can check it out here. I hope to hear your comments and opinion.

Happy Mandarin learning!


Note: I found the image I am using in this post from Google Image Search. The copyrights of the image remain with the original creator.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for information. I also want to learn that language.

Which one did you buy? "Mandarin Quick & Simple Starter" or "Mandarin Level 1"?

HLK said...

You are welcome.

I bought Mandarin Level 1.

Anonymous said...

Ni Hao,

I'm a Chinese. Glad to know that more and more people are learning Mandarin. I would be happy to help on your way of learning Mandarin.

Yannida

Unknown said...

Hello,

Hope you don't mind I post here. A nice song by Richie Ren that I would like to present to you on ECpod (can learn some mandarin from this song too): Richie Ren’s Song Animation Video

www.ECpod.com is a free website to learn English and Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese and etc) using videos. These videos are produced by our members and you are welcome to contribute as well. You can make friends too within our community and find online students to teach.

Sorry if you find the site slow now - it will be resolved in 2 weeks time after we sort out our overseas bandwidth issues. Thanks.

Rgds, Susan